Faded Shabby Blogs

10 September 2011

A Little Distracted


I'm a little distracted, as just yesterday (9/9/2011) the house above officially became OURS!! I've been packing up the obvious and trying to slip the Vs' items out of their sight as unobtrusively as possible. It's a little challenging to do. All the while, I've been driving Vincent to kindergarten in our new town and this week added taking Verona to preschool in our current town.

If a seven-bedroom, four-separate-bathroom house won't be enough to keep me fit (or return me to fitness), I've been hitting the Y pretty hard to try to prep myself for all the stairs and boxes. I'm also trying to manage the stress level that is rising as Moving Day comes closer each minute I dally. Actually, the Y has given me a terrific outlet and helps me to use some awkward time slots well.

But tonight I bit the bullet and signed up (again) for Weight Watchers. This time I signed up for the online version. Eight years ago, I concluded my 63 pound weight loss with Weight Watchers. I was a receptionist and leader for several years. After Verona was born and I was struggling (and Matt was traveling quite a bit, making the once-a-week leader commitment challenging), I had to resign my post and effectively lost motivation. Actually, that isn't quite true. It was all the other loss of 2010 including the At-Work meeting I had participated in that really sent me spiraling.

My thought processes are positively delusional about my progress, my appearance, and even my fitness level. I've been opting out of photos much too long. I need to get back into the pictures, fully engage in my life, and remember that I am more than numbers on a scale or inside my jeans. But I need help doing this.

I'm hopeful that the combination of a terrific method (I was successful losing, losing after pregnancy, and even maintaining for a long time), support, activity, and the stability of owning our own home and really establishing roots in a community will all help me to achieve my goals. My hubby's determining that he is going to weigh less than he did on our wedding day by his birthday in April probably helps too. I want to look like the bride he wed too. And I especially want to stop thinking these crazy thoughts, which I fear will be revealed to my children.

I believe I will also have more energy to be creative here in the blog and in my paper crafting. I set my goals high. I think it's the right thing to do. Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." I choose to be right about thinking I can do all these things! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment