Faded Shabby Blogs

22 July 2011

Back from Close To My Heart Convention at Disneyland!

I have a confession to make: I didn't tell my children where I was going for Convention. Just "California." When Vincent pressed me for the name of the hotel, I told him, "Frontier Tower." We haven't really gotten around to looking at photos from the time I was gone, and I haven't been very forthcoming that the place I went to was really the Happiest Place on Earth. I was gone, and now I'm home. That seems sufficient. So were the Disney straws I brought each of my children. I love the simplicity that can be!

My hubby even liked the Mickey bottle opener (as did the TSA agent in the Santa Ana/Orange County airport security). Whew! The reports I have are that my roommates liked the gift I made for them. With apologies to Holly for making this post something that she has already seen in person, here are some pics of the pages of the little mini album I made for my three roomies (and some uplines) for the Close To My Heart Convention 2011. I had a great time...now I just need to get my pictures printed to finish this album!











The idea came from the Paper Craft Planet blog, which featured a Disney-themed mini album with a spinner on the front. They provided a template for one, but I wanted to make sure the things on the spin were events or experiences that the recipients were sure to have had (and I wasn't planning on going to Planet Hollywood myself). And, well...I also needed to work on using up some of the paper I have in my "collection", since I am giving myself the challenge to Use It Up for real! CTMH is driving home the point: consume it, don't collect it. And I have done just the opposite. It must go! More on how I'm going to do that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment