Faded Shabby Blogs

17 March 2011

"Membory"

Once I had a terrific memory. My husband relies on mine heavily, at least when it comes to remembering where he left objects he desires to find. I don't know if my memory has gotten poorer, or if I'm just getting overloaded on unusual things that I wouldn't really think are "important" to remember but are a requirement of life as a mom.

Vincent has a phenomenal memory. He remembers exact lines from movies, sequences of events, details about conversations. His visual memory is sharp too. (He had his vision tested the other day as a component of the pre-kindergarten physical, and he has 20/15 vision, which may help.) We've been playing "Memory" - "Membory" as he calls it - lately. Tonight, I got to be his team mate for the game against Daddy and Verona. Vincent looked at me and said, "You get to win tonight, Mommy." When I questioned how he knew that, he said simply, "Because you're on my team. And I always win."

Matt got out his phone/camera and recorded a repeat of the interaction, which wasn't nearly as funny as my "membory" of the initial delivery in all its innocence and his confidence. He posted it to youtube.com ("Vincent and mom").

I'm just babbling here tonight, but I was amused. I promise my next blog post will be about something just to amuse you...like a tutorial of some kind. Now, to get one going...

No comments:

Post a Comment