Faded Shabby Blogs

12 October 2010

Date Clarification

For anyone who is reading and wondering, I wrote the post including "One Day and a Wake Up" title last week when the kids and I were still in Michigan.  The computer there didn't care for Adobe and crashed repeatedly when I tried to upload the pictures of the Studio J layouts. 

We have now been in Washington for the better part of a week (and a good one at that).  I made my first foray into a local grocery store today solo and, thanks to the advice of Chuck in the fish department, even came away with some fish for dinner.  I'm a fish lover (right down to the sushi I'm so excited to be near an ocean to enjoy!) but rarely have ever cooked it.  Truly, Matt has always purchased and cooked our fish.  Today was different.  We tried Basa Swai, a Vietnamese catfish, apparently.  I didn't know that this would be the fish I came back to the apartment with, nor did I know any recipes to use to cook this.  Given all that, I didn't have enough of the ingredients for many of the recipes we found.  But the dinner was palatable.  My hubby even smooched me for having cooked a good dinner.  (So it was either good or he just wanted to reinforce that I would know he is appreciative of my cooking.  Either way, it's a win.)

I had also made some rice pudding for dessert.  With basmati rice.  Yummy.  Vincent was disappointed that I took his away before he was finished.  Matt's bowl was clean.  Verona proudly announced she ate it all.  Ah, the standards!

No comments:

Post a Comment